Singapore Expats Forum

Search found 1587 matches

by Carpe Diem
Tue, 30 May 2006 2:51 pm
Forum: Entertainment, Leisure & Sports
Topic: Christmas Holiday Ideas?
Replies: 1
Views: 1512

That's what you call planning... :wink:

In "winter" it's the rainy season around here. If you don't want to go too far I would suggest the western part of Thailand.
by Carpe Diem
Tue, 30 May 2006 2:39 pm
Forum: WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Topic: WNDC May 31st, Next Page
Replies: 23
Views: 13585

And you must be wrong about the location, because Oosters is not far from Oosters.

Must be the size then.

Or something else.

Who knows?
by Carpe Diem
Tue, 30 May 2006 2:32 pm
Forum: WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Topic: WNDC May 31st, Next Page
Replies: 23
Views: 13585

Re: WNDC May 31st, Next Page

madwolfie wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
sonia888 wrote:This however only, if it is not Oosters ;)


AND WHY???


Because it's not approved. Perhaps the size/location of the place is not ideal, you know? :roll:


Unless other criteria than size/location are used in the approval process? Just wondering...
by Carpe Diem
Tue, 30 May 2006 1:35 pm
Forum: WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Topic: WNDC May 31st, Next Page
Replies: 23
Views: 13585

Re: WNDC May 31st, Next Page

sonia888 wrote:This however only, if it is not Oosters ;)


AND WHY???
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 10:50 pm
Forum: WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Topic: WNDC May 31st, Next Page
Replies: 23
Views: 13585

Re: OTOH

dean wrote:As with all things, moderation usually works out best.


Watch out your language...
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 3:40 pm
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: Do we need money anymore?
Replies: 11
Views: 3332

Baron Greenback wrote:
would be cool to pay just by using ur fingerprints or other organs (^_^)


Wouldn't want anything like that swiped! Might end up short changed :D


BG, I have been quickly through your recent posts, so may I ask: why do you think there are so many banks in Switzerland? :lol:
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 2:56 pm
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: i'd like to learn French or Spanish
Replies: 20
Views: 6129

:lol:
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 2:52 pm
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: i'd like to learn French or Spanish
Replies: 20
Views: 6129

sapphire wrote:Moi? C'mon now CD, you know I'm your fave forum member, couldn't have been so if I were abusive. :P


I was not talking about being abusive... :P
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 2:43 pm
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: i'd like to learn French or Spanish
Replies: 20
Views: 6129

sapphire wrote:Beware of the FRENCH! They get you drunk and then proceed to teach you abusive words in French. :P


You don't need the French to get like that... :P
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 2:35 pm
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: i'd like to learn French or Spanish
Replies: 20
Views: 6129

You can rent movies at "Alliance Française" (and if you want to buy you can go to Carrefour, they always have some).
Or you can subscribe to TV5 which is available on StarHub cable TV... Probably the cheapest option.

Be aware that Canadian French is quite different from French language!
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 1:05 pm
Forum: Strictly Speaking
Topic: Expatriotism
Replies: 55
Views: 29748

Now that you know my age, would you say i am a new old, an old new, or an old old? :mrgreen:
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 12:09 pm
Forum: Strictly Speaking
Topic: Expatriotism
Replies: 55
Views: 29748

on another note, whereas expats in the past preferred staying in expat enclaves, i'm seeing many more expats in my housing estate, on the buses, in heartland shopping centres etc these days. 5 years ago they would have gotten stares, today nobody seems to notice. quite a pleasant sign of increasing...
by Carpe Diem
Mon, 29 May 2006 9:21 am
Forum: Parenting, Family & Schools
Topic: Are International schools close to the train lines?
Replies: 7
Views: 3602

They are usually not very close from the MRT stations (no trains here, but MRT which you can compare with "metro" or subway) but almost every school offers bus services. Unless you live in a remote area where no school buses are going, you should be fine. Just a suggestion: check on the sc...
by Carpe Diem
Fri, 12 May 2006 5:39 pm
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: Terrorists in Belgium, hope CD is Okay
Replies: 23
Views: 4737

Hi all, I am fine thanks.

Last night while we were having a drink in a pub in Antwerp a lot of people were talking about that event of course... Quite scary.

For the rest everything is OK, weather is beautiful and the beers are cold. What else to ask for?
by Carpe Diem
Thu, 11 May 2006 11:59 pm
Forum: Business in Singapore
Topic: rep office, EASY ???
Replies: 5
Views: 2354

Please PM me an email address where I can send you a letter.

Go to advanced search