Singapore Expats

Singapore paypal account require residency in Singapore?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
New_Global_Trader

Post by New_Global_Trader » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 6:18 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
ttguru wrote:Interesting subject, I was looking for these answers.

I remember PP also check the IP address of the country from where you are logging in, so that operating Singapore PP account from another country is not a good option too.

I need to know if it is okay to use the Nominee Director as the user to open the PP account?
A nominee director is a DIRECTOR, with all the rights and responsibilities of a director under Singapore company law. She/He can certainly act on behalf of the company... but usually they do not want to do so.
Dear SE

ttguru wants to use nominee director to open a paypal account. Paypal verifies the id of the user (not the company) after a certain usage limit (approx 7k SG$). 1 person cannot use his ID for more than 1 paypal account.

Zeke

Post by Zeke » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 7:03 am

sorry i might have misunderstood but if paypal is asking for an ID issued from singapore only then that means that only singaporeans can use paypal in singapore and expats and PRs can't?

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 10:34 am

Zeke wrote:sorry i might have misunderstood but if paypal is asking for an ID issued from singapore only then that means that only singaporeans can use paypal in singapore and expats and PRs can't?
Yes, I think you have misunderstood. PRs, EP holders etc. all have ID cards issued by the Singapore government. Therefore having a PayPal account here is possible for that group as well.
Be careful what you wish for

Tapiocapioca

Post by Tapiocapioca » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 5:50 am

Are you sure about this information?
Paypal is asking me 2 different document. One they are asking about my pasport, the second about a proof of my address. They are asking me, like a bank statement with local address or bill of phone service with local address. Now I'm living on indonesia, but i'm thinkng to rent a registered address for recive the statement and after scan and send to paypal.
Is it bad my idea? I found many service about, i think is fine this way.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 7:01 am

I'm a PR and I have a local PayPal account. Have had for years. No problem.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 1:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm a PR and I have a local PayPal account. Have had for years. No problem.
I guess Paypal is asking more documents for "NEW APPLICANTS" based in Singapore .. me too never had to submit any of these, other than my local HP # !! and my account has been active for years .. like yours

aahn

Post by aahn » Wed, 08 May 2013 7:25 am

Hi all

After many back and forth with both paypal and the bank I went with I have finally managed to set up the company and accounts as I wished.

Basically I have all revenue coming through a SG paypal account which is then linked to a SG corporate bank account.

If anyone is interested in the process let me know as I'm more than happy to share my experiences and give a few tips on some hurdles you may face.

Ahn

Maask

Post by Maask » Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:54 pm

aahn wrote:Hi all

After many back and forth with both paypal and the bank I went with I have finally managed to set up the company and accounts as I wished.

Basically I have all revenue coming through a SG paypal account which is then linked to a SG corporate bank account.

If anyone is interested in the process let me know as I'm more than happy to share my experiences and give a few tips on some hurdles you may face.

Ahn
Boy, am I glad I've found your post.

I would very much appreciate it if you could share your experience and the process of setting up a SG Paypal account and SG bank account with me.

I need to do the same, and would love to hear the hurdles you faced and conquered. :)

Thanking you in advance...

M

Aski

Post by Aski » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 6:57 pm

Ahn
Hi Aahn, I'm also very interested to hear more about your experience (I'm not resident and want to setup a firm). Could you please tell your story? :) Esp. about linking personal or business PP account with SG corporate bank account? And is there any chance to save on currency conversion if I need USD in my bank?

shawnlee

Post by shawnlee » Wed, 28 Aug 2013 2:39 am

Ahn
Hi aahn, great to hear h've done that. I am in very much similar situation could you please give me your inputs

CoachW

SG Paypal Account and SG Bank

Post by CoachW » Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:57 am

Maask wrote:

Ahn
Hi Ahn, I'm just about to engage with the same situation, setting up a company and SG paypal account to be linked to a SG corporate bank account. Would greatly appreciate to learn from your experience.
Best
CoachW