Singapore Expats

Long term visit pass rejected. what to do for longer stay

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
msabd1

Post by msabd1 » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 4:19 am

Hi sundaymorningstaple. Im quite relieved to hear that. Any idea if theyll allow walk-in to submit documents as it's kinda risky to go 5 days before my SvP expires and online appointment is all full. Thanks for the info !

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 11:31 am

Please don't misread my comments. It is what it is. It's a request for more documents. Nothing more, nothing less. Doesn't mean approval or rejection. Just more data to make an informed decision on their part. But, if you don't give them what they want, then, well, I'm sure you can figure out that. Standing in line all day, doesn't mean approval either, but not doing so mean rejection.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bloodhound123
Regular
Regular

Post by bloodhound123 » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:16 pm

Is the gahmen bond in lieu of tution fee waiver/aid even relevant in the contemporary times? I believe this scheme was initiated with a goal to attract and retain students who pursue higher education in SG. But with MOM not keen on granting work visas to foreigners unless they find it compelling this bond/scheme may require a restructuring.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:39 pm

It's been not relevant for around 2 to 3 years now. However, it is still there so I guess it's being handled on a case by case basis until such time as they get around to restructuring it. They haven't been giving out the invitation letters to apply for PR while still seniors any more either, and those who got them and didn't take it up when offered are now being rejected when they apply.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 1:57 pm

msabd1 wrote:Hi sundaymorningstaple. Im quite relieved to hear that. Any idea if theyll allow walk-in to submit documents as it's kinda risky to go 5 days before my SvP expires and online appointment is all full. Thanks for the info !
I was in an almost identical situation 6 weeks ago. I posted here, a copy of my e-mail to ICA and their reply. In brief, yes I went to ICA at c7.30-8 a.m., and got a 'walk-in' queue number and then just sat and waited for something like 3 hours.

Try and use the search box above right, and see if you can find that message, to give you a clearer idea.

msabd1

Post by msabd1 » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 6:46 pm

JR8 wrote:
msabd1 wrote:Hi sundaymorningstaple. Im quite relieved to hear that. Any idea if theyll allow walk-in to submit documents as it's kinda risky to go 5 days before my SvP expires and online appointment is all full. Thanks for the info !
I was in an almost identical situation 6 weeks ago. I posted here, a copy of my e-mail to ICA and their reply. In brief, yes I went to ICA at c7.30-8 a.m., and got a 'walk-in' queue number and then just sat and waited for something like 3 hours.

Try and use the search box above right, and see if you can find that message, to give you a clearer idea.
So JR8 how did your application go? Anyway under what scheme did you apply for LTVP? Goodluck!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 7:02 pm

Did you even bother to search for the thread as advised? :roll:

It was 6 weeks ago and he's still here. What does that tell you? #-o

rdueej
Regular
Regular

Post by rdueej » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 7:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
bloodhound123 wrote:Is the gahmen bond in lieu of tution fee waiver/aid even relevant in the contemporary times? I believe this scheme was initiated with a goal to attract and retain students who pursue higher education in SG. But with MOM not keen on granting work visas to foreigners unless they find it compelling this bond/scheme may require a restructuring.
It's been not relevant for around 2 to 3 years now. However, it is still there so I guess it's being handled on a case by case basis until such time as they get around to restructuring it. They haven't been giving out the invitation letters to apply for PR while still seniors any more either, and those who got them and didn't take it up when offered are now being rejected when they apply.
I think that the government has realized this and been acting on it, not just in the EP/PR/after-graduating phase but also in the admissions phase. There has been a significant tapering of the number of international students being admitted into such schemes at the local universities.

msabd1

Post by msabd1 » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 7:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Did you even bother to search for the thread as advised? :roll:

It was 6 weeks ago and he's still here. What does that tell you? #-o
Well I did try to search for it but I cant seem to find it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 8:02 pm

Try 'LTVP walk-in kallang' see if that helps

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 8:46 pm