Singapore Expats

Long Term Visit Pass rejection

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Katrinajpn

Long Term Visit Pass rejection

Post by Katrinajpn » Mon, 29 Aug 2011 3:51 pm

My hubby and I got our PR 2 months ago. We applied LTVP for my mum who helps me taking care of my baby but was being rejected when we applied online for the first time. Then we were told to send an appeal letter and submitted some physical documentation. We thought they worried people are not honest when applying online so we submitted my baby birth certification, my hubby salary slips..etc. However, yesterday we received ICA reply to disapprove our application again. What should i do???

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Long Term Visit Pass rejection

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 29 Aug 2011 4:10 pm

Katrinajpn wrote:My hubby and I got our PR 2 months ago. We applied LTVP for my mum who helps me taking care of my baby but was being rejected when we applied online for the first time. Then we were told to send an appeal letter and submitted some physical documentation. We thought they worried people are not honest when applying online so we submitted my baby birth certification, my hubby salary slips..etc. However, yesterday we received ICA reply to disapprove our application again. What should i do???
Duplicate post. Please dont double post.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Long Term Visit Pass rejection

Post by ksl » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 2:42 am

Katrinajpn wrote:My hubby and I got our PR 2 months ago. We applied LTVP for my mum who helps me taking care of my baby but was being rejected when we applied online for the first time. Then we were told to send an appeal letter and submitted some physical documentation. We thought they worried people are not honest when applying online so we submitted my baby birth certification, my hubby salary slips..etc. However, yesterday we received ICA reply to disapprove our application again. What should i do???

Your mother in law must be in Singapore to make the application, so she should arrive on her visa, then you send in the application for LTVSP. Your Mother in law being the applicant not you or your husband, you are the sponsors, so if she isn't already here it will be rejected It only takes a short time to get approval, then she must have the medical. So ensure her entry pass is long enough to get it sorted out. We left it to late so the Mother in law had to return home before we could get her to do the medical...the approval letter allows 2 months to get the medical done. So if she comes on a 30 day entry Visa apply on the day she arrives. We was able to get a 5 year pass, though she had been to Singapore several times visiting prior to us applying to sponsor.

Application is case by case?
What we did was go to the ICA information desk for help with the Mother in law, and we was sent to the room where the cafeteria is, to apply for the LTVSP online there, it went through okay!

My guess is that your husband maybe doesn't earn enough, or its because the mother in law is not already visiting.

I would check carefully the information below.

Maybe you are making some errors on the application form! But your finances will have to meet some criteria to be in order, as you are the sponsor. Ask at the information desk for help.

Please also note this important new information. Procedure

For ALL NEW and RENEWAL applications, applicants must submit their application via e-VP. No counter submission is allowed.

Important Information to Note:

•Applicant is required to have a valid Visit Pass during the stay in Singapore. • I think in case they need to interview the applicant!

A local sponsor (Singapore Citizen (SC) / Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) / Representative of a Singapore-registered company above 21 years old) is required to be present for the submission of all necessary documents for the application of Long Term Visit Pass. Incomplete submission of documents will result in non-acceptance of the application at the counter.
•Applicant must be in posession of a passport issued solely to the applicant.
•The applicant and the local sponsor may be requested to turn up for an interview.
•All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
•Applicant and local sponsor will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
•ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
•If the application is subsequently approved, local sponsor /applicant will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter that is valid for 2 months (only for online submissions via e-VP) from the date of the letter.
•A medical check-up is required by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for all applications of a Visit Pass of 6 months or more. The applicant will only be informed of the need to go for a medical check-up if approval is granted. This requirement is not applicable to an applicant below 15 years old. Please note that the medical report will be only valid for 3 months from the Date of Screening if it has not been submitted to ICA.