Singapore Expats

No employment contract will impact PR application?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Ivy Pham

No employment contract will impact PR application?

Post by Ivy Pham » Fri, 24 Jun 2016 9:27 am

Hi everyone,

I have a Visit Pass valid in one year and It says I cannot sign any labour contract.

However, I know that if the company in Singapore want to hire me, they just need to submit some document to ICA, is that correct?

I would like to sign contract, but seems there are some trouble for the company if sign with me.
They ask to pay me cash, but I think It will impact my applications in future if I stayed in Singapore with no job, no tax payment, no CPF,..Will it be an impact?

I would like to sign a contract, what the company will need to pay for me? and is that a lot of trouble? And please help me to know what the documents that i need to prepare are.

I really appreciate all the helps from you all reply. It will very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: No employment contract will impact PR application?

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 24 Jun 2016 10:44 am

Ivy Pham wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a Visit Pass valid in one year and It says I cannot sign any labour contract.

However, I know that if the company in Singapore want to hire me, they just need to submit some document to ICA, is that correct?

I would like to sign contract, but seems there are some trouble for the company if sign with me.
They ask to pay me cash, but I think It will impact my applications in future if I stayed in Singapore with no job, no tax payment, no CPF,..Will it be an impact?

I would like to sign a contract, what the company will need to pay for me? and is that a lot of trouble? And please help me to know what the documents that i need to prepare are.

I really appreciate all the helps from you all reply. It will very helpful. Thank you in advance.
What is your current status here?

I may have misread but you say you have applied Singapore Citizenship on another thread.

So are you PR here?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Ivy Pham

Post by Ivy Pham » Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:04 am

Hi Barnsley,
Oh yeah, sorry for confusing my status. The previous post is my husband case so assume I was him to ask. Wont let it happened.

I am the wife and holding a visit pass. So It's time for me to think about my work journey and life in Singapore.

Again, thank you and so so sorry that confusing you.

mortlock2005
Regular
Regular

Post by mortlock2005 » Thu, 04 Aug 2016 7:22 pm

It depends what kind of visit pass you have. If you are on a Dependents Pass (as the wife of an Employment Pass holder), your employer can apply for a Letter of Consent allowing you to work. If you have no EP, Letter of Consent or PR, you can't work. If you are working illegally (for cash), and you get caught, you risk having your visit pass and possibly your husbands pass cancelled, and you definitely won't get PR. It's really not worth it risking you residency status by working illegally.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: No employment contract will impact PR application?

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 04 Aug 2016 7:58 pm

Ivy Pham wrote:Hi everyone,

You just described the perfect 'money for pass' scam ..

Unless i am missing something !