Singapore Expats

Handicaped Dependent Sibling

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
handicapped_sibling

Handicaped Dependent Sibling

Post by handicapped_sibling » Sun, 23 Oct 2016 1:04 pm

I am moving to Singapore on EP, I have got LTVP for my mother however MOM is not considering exception for my handicapped and physically challenged sister. Please advise how I can get a pass or visa for handicapped and physically challenged sister. I have all the certificates and affidavits but MOM is not considering any exception. This is a genuine case. Please advise how to proceed and who to approach. What other ways can be looked at to get a visa.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Handicaped Dependent Sibling

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 23 Oct 2016 8:10 pm

handicapped_sibling wrote:I am moving to Singapore on EP, I have got LTVP for my mother however MOM is not considering exception for my handicapped and physically challenged sister. Please advise how I can get a pass or visa for handicapped and physically challenged sister. I have all the certificates and affidavits but MOM is not considering any exception. This is a genuine case. Please advise how to proceed and who to approach. What other ways can be looked at to get a visa.
Sad to say, NONE exists :( :(

Where do you hail from, if I may ask.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Handicaped Dependent Sibling

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Oct 2016 8:33 pm

How old is your sister?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

handicapped_sibling

Post by handicapped_sibling » Mon, 24 Oct 2016 8:22 am

She is 2 year elder to me, 42 years. I am indian national shifting to Singapore from Cyprus.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 24 Oct 2016 8:41 am

I judge that you will never get an exception ruling. The Singapore gahmen are a bunch of cold-hearted bastards when it comes to things like this.

Here is why it is not going to happen.
  1. You are on an EP... thereby, by definition, you are temporary. You have no roots, you have no loyalty, you are here for the money.
  2. Were you to leave Singapore, and leave your sister behind, she would become a ward of the state, and that is the last thing that Singapore wants... to have anyone in the country that can't make their own way.
  3. You are Indian, and there have been enough tricks over the years by your countrymen, such that no matter how altruistic your own motives are, you're automatically considered as someone who is going to try to take advantage of the situation.
So... maybe you can post a million dollar bond... something to convince the authorities that your sister would never become a burden... otherwise, it's not going to happen.