Singapore Expats

tenants able to park car in Condo?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
x9200

Re: tenants able to park car in Condo?

Post by x9200 » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:42 am

Yes, MC is in control, but what I mean, they normally allow parking the residents, non-LLs owned vehicles. It is like with the swimming pools, if there is a pool and there is a condo it is assumed it can be used by all the residents, not that one moves in and discovers it is for the owners only. Some things can be assumed based on a common practice.

Search By

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:49 am

I've known cases where motorcycles were not allowed to park in the condo car park, in fact there is one in my street. Before I moved here I got the LL to provide a letter confirming I could park my bikes.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 12:39 pm

bgd wrote:I've known cases where motorcycles were not allowed to park in the condo car park, in fact there is one in my street. Before I moved here I got the LL to provide a letter confirming I could park my bikes.
That's a new level. Is it because only poor people ride the bikes and we don't want to have any such people in our condo?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 5:37 pm

nirappsk wrote:Thanks guys for replying.

@ taxico - seems renting car during weekdays its illegal (based on LTA guidelines).

They stated in their by-law "only vehicles owned by residents and their guests may be parked overnight"
some MCs require additional proof - such as a print out of the e-log card, etc. and if the vehicle owner's name does not match the property owner's name, then it's a no go.

you can circumvent this by adding a letter to the log card that basically states the vehicle has been assigned by you (the owner) to the landlord... that was what i meant by "renting" it to your LL.

i have had a tenant do this once - he "rented" his car to me through a document he made. i applied for the spot for him successfully with the rental document.

you can also ask if your MC has temporary parking labels/permits - if so, you can get one and stick it on the side of your car's windscreen closest to the guard house. you may not be able to use the automated gate if your IU serial is not registered but at least they'll wave you through without pretending to grill you daily.

this won't be your last time facing strange bylaws, but don't let deter you from parking any vehicle in a condo you are residing in. guards generally don't care (much?) when it comes to a vehicle legitimately possessed/used by a resident (you are a resident).
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 5:48 pm

x9200 wrote:
bgd wrote:I've known cases where motorcycles were not allowed to park in the condo car park, in fact there is one in my street. Before I moved here I got the LL to provide a letter confirming I could park my bikes.
That's a new level. Is it because only poor people ride the bikes and we don't want to have any such people in our condo?
that's not entirely true either... i know of at least 2 condos that allow unlimited motorcycle parking but restrict it to 1 car per property, with exceptions made for certain bigger units.

i initially thought this was likely because the number of bikes registered are quite low... but there are usually a good number of rarely ridden and recently ($$$) purchased bikes in the two condos i know of.

my friend has 3 bikes parked at one such condo. when i was riding around the basement car park of his condo one night, i noted that the motorcycle lots were sporadically located, usually within dead spaces that were big enough to paint the markings for ONE bike lot.

i was further surprised to see that most of the bikes were parked outside of designated bike lots - this was tolerated by the MA, my friend added.

so it depends on the MA/MC.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

nirappsk

Post by nirappsk » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 6:01 pm

The management dare not to reply LL question thru email. The chairman is from same building. All By-law is their favour.

Called BCA. Requested me to send mail to them. Its just of my time. Moving out soon from this stupid building.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 6:36 pm

nirappsk wrote:The management dare not to reply LL question thru email. The chairman is from same building. All By-law is their favour.

Called BCA. Requested me to send mail to them. Its just of my time. Moving out soon from this stupid building.
Make sure the LL knows that he is losing a good tenant and income to the stupid MC/MA actions.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

nirappsk

Post by nirappsk » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 6:41 pm

they are in Indonesia. Dont know the rights and law. i tolerate till now since 2009. this is the time to end that.

I dont buy car but management email me if they sight my car, they will clamp the wheel. now its become personal seems. May be he received call from BCA. haha.

Thanks guys for your wonderful ideas and advice.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 6:46 pm

Is it a small condo? .

nirappsk

Post by nirappsk » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 6:55 pm

This is one of thr biggest unit, old condo about 41 + yrs old. Just dont want to name it.

At thomson road near TMC. Odd red and white colur. Hope you have guess it.

Anyone moving in, please consider 1st. They dont even allow your 1sr degree relation to stay for 1 week without 6 months pass. Just like my wife came here on holiday. They refused her entry. This is not URA law but this this mc law.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 7:09 pm

Yeah I have seen that sort of mania creeping into the MC where I live. It's the behavior of a petty tyrant.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

nirappsk

Post by nirappsk » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 7:22 pm

This is one of thr biggest unit, old condo about 41 + yrs old. Just dont want to name it.

At thomson road near TMC. Odd red and white colur. Hope you have guess it.

Anyone moving in, please consider 1st. They dont even allow your 1sr degree relation to stay for 1 week without 6 months pass. Just like my wife came here on holiday. They refused her entry. This is not URA law but this this mc law.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 7:49 pm

Found one matching the description. Old, less than 40 units. What a bunch of....

nirappsk

Post by nirappsk » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 7:51 pm

Exactly 19 x 2. :)

thismyvoice
Chatter
Chatter

Post by thismyvoice » Sat, 27 Aug 2016 10:31 am

PNGMK wrote:In Australia most strata titles define the car park situation. In Singapore I don't believe they commonly do. So actually the MC has control of the car park, not the LL. That's where the issue is arising I think. A landlord does not own or have assigned slots many times.
Very true. I do know of a number of condos (1 in West Coast and 1 in Upper Bukit Timah and probably a couple of others which I cannot remember) that have designated car park lots for each unit. The unit number is written on the car park space. The space belongs to the LL. It is in the strata.