Singapore Expats

PR APPROVED

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
throwaway1

PR APPROVED

Post by throwaway1 » Fri, 04 Sep 2015 8:51 pm

Hello! Just got my letter from the ICA today and my PR got approved!

Profile: female
Race: Filipino Chinese*
Industry: Commodities Trading
Salary: 5000+/mo
Years in Singapore: 7 years
Application date:17 Feb 2015
Approval date: 28 Aug 2015

This is my second time applying.

Regarding the race, I wrote down "Filipino-Chinese" in the application form. The officer in charge made me change it to just "Filipino" since it seems you can only pick one. She made me write a letter explaining why I'm chinese on the spot. I was worried about that as I can barely read my own handwriting. Thankfully it worked out.

I should also mention that I started doing regular volunteer work August last year. Maybe this made a difference to my application this time around?

Anyway, just wanted to say that there's still hope! Don't get discouraged by the negative comments around here. Good luck on your PR journey!

hiteshkumar1986

Re: PR APPROVED

Post by hiteshkumar1986 » Sun, 06 Sep 2015 12:49 pm

Thanks for share exp

iceinjan

Post by iceinjan » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:38 pm

Hi, may I ask whether your first rejection letter says "we invite you to apply again after X years"? Or does it simply say your application is unsuccessful and that you could stay in SG with valid pass?

Thanks a lot for the info!!
throwaway1 wrote:Hello! Just got my letter from the ICA today and my PR got approved!

Profile: female
Race: Filipino Chinese*
Industry: Commodities Trading
Salary: 5000+/mo
Years in Singapore: 7 years
Application date:17 Feb 2015
Approval date: 28 Aug 2015

This is my second time applying.

Regarding the race, I wrote down "Filipino-Chinese" in the application form. The officer in charge made me change it to just "Filipino" since it seems you can only pick one. She made me write a letter explaining why I'm chinese on the spot. I was worried about that as I can barely read my own handwriting. Thankfully it worked out.

I should also mention that I started doing regular volunteer work August last year. Maybe this made a difference to my application this time around?

Anyway, just wanted to say that there's still hope! Don't get discouraged by the negative comments around here. Good luck on your PR journey!

Sunrisesingapore

Post by Sunrisesingapore » Sat, 23 Jul 2016 11:29 am

Not relevant. I got rejected first time and wasn't invited to apply again. Applied again anyway and was approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Jul 2016 1:57 pm

Sunrisesingapore,

In your case a salary increase of 60+% and time in country trebled, so yes, I'd say that is why they took a relook and gave it to you. By the way, did you ever marry her? ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sunrisesingapore

Post by Sunrisesingapore » Sun, 24 Jul 2016 8:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sunrisesingapore,

In your case a salary increase of 60+% and time in country trebled, so yes, I'd say that is why they took a relook and gave it to you. By the way, did you ever marry her? ;-)
Haha nope!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk