Singapore Expats

S-pass application: no record found

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sunflower.8

S-pass application: no record found

Post by sunflower.8 » Fri, 06 May 2016 5:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I really need some reassurance here.
I got accepted by a company on Tuesday (3 May) and I had filled up all the applications form and gave my certificates to the employer to submit to the MOM on the Tuesday itself or Wednesday (4 May).

I tried to check online what is the status on my pass application since Wednesday, but it shows that no record is found.

I called the MOM as well, and they said to check with the employer because they cannot reveal.

Can anyone please help me check if the employer actually submitted my S-pass application?
Or is it true that only employers are able to check on my S-pass status?

Please advice me as I am very very worried.

Much appreciated and Thank you;)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: S-pass application: no record found

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 May 2016 5:45 pm

It takes a couple of days for submission to be posted. It's the weekend. Probably will see something by the end of Monday.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sunflower.8

Post by sunflower.8 » Fri, 06 May 2016 5:47 pm

Hello sundaymorningstaple,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Really appreciate it, I hope my s-pass application will go well :(

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 May 2016 8:20 pm

Just keep your fingers crossed and say a silent prayer to whomever you pray too. It's getting harder and harder now days.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sunflower.8

Post by sunflower.8 » Fri, 06 May 2016 11:12 pm

Yea I understand. I have been seeking for a job in Singapore for about a years plus now and this is the first time a company have a quota for Indonesians, so I m really hoping for it to work out.

But, thank you for your kind words sundaymorningstaple :).

sunflower.8

Post by sunflower.8 » Sat, 07 May 2016 12:42 am

Oh, I do have one more question thou sundaymorningstaple,

I am really new to the S-pass application process and its my first time ever, do you mind if you walk me through step by step on how and what the S-pass application process will be like and approximately how long will it take till I am able to get the card?

Thank you for your time!:)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 May 2016 12:52 am

There is no such thing as a quota for Indonesians. Who told you that load of garbage?

They might not have any quota for WP holders, or quota for S pass holders or Sub-Quota's for PRCs, which, by the way, is the ONLY nationality based quota in MOM. Everything else is subject to either traditional sourced (for WPs and is made up of 7 nationalities).

This is subject to nationality quotas that are industry dependent but the quotas are not based on the countries allowable in that industry but on the total WPs allowed based on the company's total headcount. If you are trying to get a job in an industry that is not open to Indonesians, you will never get a visa for that industry as it's just not allowed.

For all the industries...
http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ific-rules

You will note that Indonesians are not allowed to have Work Permits with the exception of FDWs (Foreign Domestic Workers).

This means Indonesians are only allowed S passes or EPs. Neither of these have any ethnic quotas, only quota as a percentage of the total workforce of the company.

Do a search of the threads here. It's been gone over a number of times and the board has an excellent search function. Besides, it's past my bed time. I'm no long a spring chicken.

sunflower.8

Post by sunflower.8 » Sat, 07 May 2016 11:15 am

Oh.. Thank you so much for the clarification.

I have one more question, I hope you don't mind.

My previous employer applied E-pass for me and it was rejected because I am a fresh graduate. Few days ago my current employer found out a problem that my previous employer had input the name of my university's name wrongly in the MOM system.

May I please know how long will MOM take to investigate the authenticity of my university's certificate?
Will this affect my S-pass approval?

I am really hoping I'll be able to get my IPA letter soon :(

andri.tjiu

Post by andri.tjiu » Sun, 08 May 2016 7:37 pm

Hi sunflower.8,

For Indonesian the average time for any application based on my experience and fellow friends is from 3 weeks to 2 month.
2 year ago, I only get the IPA after 2 month and 2 weeks since the company submitted my application for EP, other people from different nationality only take 3 days to 2 weeks top before they get the IPA.

Hopefully your new employer updated the university names correctly this time. My university got many different naming because of the predecessor people that submitted their application, but all referring to the same university.

It take at leasts 2 weeks to validate the authenticity of certificate from university in Indonesia, but I don't know MOM still going to use the India company to validate university certificate in Indonesia or not, because 2 year back they are using India company to validate almost all the certificate from Indonesia, because India is very famous for faking their certificate, so they need 4 difference agency company to validate the graduation certificate.

Good luck with your S pass submission. After submission it takes 2-3 days before it show up in the website regarding the status of your application, especially if there is any maintenance or submitted on friday evening nearing their closing time.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

sunflower.8

Post by sunflower.8 » Sun, 08 May 2016 7:48 pm

Hi andri.tjiu,

Thank you so much for the information.
I really appreciate it. I think the best thing I can do now is to follow up on my employer every week to check on the s-pass status.

Terima kasih!
Have a nice day:)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 May 2016 9:15 pm

One consideration has not yet been asked nor volunteered by you. When your EP was applied for, did the potential employer also tick the box asking to have you considered for an S pass if you didn't qualify for the EP? If they did, and you still got rejected for an S pass it's likely that you will be rejected again, especially if you have, as noted, no experience and are a fresh grad. Why would they hire a fresh grad who is a foreigner when there are plenty of fresh grads already in Singapore? You need to be bringing some experience to the table if you want MOM to look favorably on your application. I personally don't hold out much hope, truth be known, but sometimes the ways of MOM are complete baffling. You might get lucky but it may take some time as noted.

sunflower.8

Post by sunflower.8 » Sun, 08 May 2016 9:22 pm

Hi sundaymorningstaple,

No the previous employer just applied for EP. This is my first time applying for S-pass.
Oh no:( do you think the chances of my S-pass being approved is low because I am a fresh grad?
The company I am applying to is an Indonesian-based company too thou.

I am really really scared now that you are saying this.
Sundaymorningstaple, I feel like you know a lot about this, do you work in the MOM if I may know?
Can you please help me check my application status if you do? :( I have been worrying for days now and I am nervous for tomorrow since its Monday.
It will be a huge favour for me!

andri.tjiu

Post by andri.tjiu » Sun, 08 May 2016 9:45 pm

Only EP position need to be posted in jobbank for 14 days before they can applied for foreigner, that also must give lots of reasons why need this person not local singapore.

Since the company also Indonesian, there is many reason to get approved for hiring local indonesian to be located in SG to handle indonesian business in singapore.

The approval decision only known by the MOM/ICA officer and God :).
Both those agency can have different ways to approve application submission.

Just pray for it to get approved, but if your company tick to submit for both EP and Spass, high probably it will rejected since you already been rejected for S-Pass. How long since the last application got rejected by MOM?

sunflower.8

Post by sunflower.8 » Sun, 08 May 2016 9:54 pm

Ohh the company did not tick to submit for both EP and S-pass, I never got rejected for S-Pass because this is the first time a company is applying S-pass for me.
The company did not post in job bank, but posted only at STJOBS.SG for few months already. Will this be a problem if the company did not post in job bank?

Thank you for replying me andri.tjiu! :)

harshita1991

S pass application due to change of jobs applied by my new employer

Post by harshita1991 » Mon, 09 May 2016 10:19 am

Hi all :)

I am also struggling with S pass application. I have a few questions in my mind and it seems people here really know well about the process and hence can someone help me with the following :

Actually I am already a S pass holder working in Singapore since last year. Recently I received an attractive offer from a new employer and they shall be applying my s pass today. Now, my worry is what if my current employer comes to know about it? Will there be any notification sent by MOM to my current employer informing about a new s pass application has been applied for me? If this happens then my current employer might not like it and might create problems for me in the future. So please let me know if I this can happen ?

Secondly, when I check my application status, it always shows my current s pass record. Once the new application is submitted to MOM, will it be displayed so that I come to know if the new employer has really applied for my pass.

Please let me know. I shall be highly obliged if you all can help me with these questions.
Thank you :)