Singapore Expats

Lost international mail

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Lost international mail

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:47 pm

valentina_bar wrote:Thanks , PNGMK
My belated 2 cents.

Your problem may not be with SignPost but with the outsourced robots answering your queries.

Go to the post office at Paya Lebar and talk to a makcik - you may get correct replies.

I had one too many run ins with SP till in each occasion I insisted that a local staff call me back and voila, problem solved.

One of the incidents, as an example.

Address redirect didn't work as the outsourced agency filled my name with wrong letters - even though they could have checked against the copy of IC I had provided, if my hand writing was illegible. And maybe they aren't that trusted enough by Singapore Post to see the copy of IC submitted along with the form ...

After a week of misery of daily calls answered with the standard "this call maybe recorded for Quality purposes. ..", an outsourced sweet sounding angel finally calls me, apologises profusely, beats around the Bush insisting they are following established procedures and this is how Singapore Post operates and then says she can refund the payment in full, but no, the letters sent to the wrong address won't be retrieved. As if that will solve my problem. And as if there is another Postal company in Singapore who can handle my address redirect.

I insisted I talk to somebody in Singapore as I was frothing mad, and then a Mr Malay sounding name calls me back from SPost and he says the letters returned are retained and the post man can check the letter box involved to retrieve the incorrect deliveries if the box owner hasn't discarded or returned the letters, and told me to wait for 2 days .. and 2 days later a pouch full of letters were delivered, all intact. Information that the call center didn't know or simply didn't want to escalate for resolution.

Unfortunately SPost is privatised so the outsourced agencies are extremely reluctant to let you talk to a Singapore staff, so they will find a million excuses to not solve your issue but protect their reputation with their client => SPost.

And Singapore Post is profit driven, damn your sufferings or inconveniences, anything that can be outsourced will be outsourced to cut costs (or for profit maximization purposes ...)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:52 pm

PNGMK wrote:International mail service into Singapore absolutely SUCKS. We routinely have letters lost (people ask us why we didn't get letters or presents etc). If it's absolutely critical have it couriered in.
Delivered by another company outsourced by Singapore Post - maybe , that's why articles are going missing

On the other hand, no local mail ever went missing for me.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:55 pm

valentina_bar wrote:SpeedPost is the brand of Sing Post. What a nightmare. Really shocking.
Singapore post is a partner / franchisee of Speedpost ;) whatever it may mean ..

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: Lost international mail

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:52 am

the less said about speedpost the better, its absolutely horrendous!! the service they provide i.e
and i was forced to use them!! thanks to a certain embassy's insistence that i use them for couriering my passport. and when i engaged them they showed up at the embassy's premises before the courier was ready and left with out it. when i phoned them up the call center is located in India and run by some idiots who can't assist and had the audacity to tell me "oh your embassy should have had everything ready, we can't wait" , this was after the lady at embassy said hold up, i'm going in for a moment, i'll be back in a few minutes with the courier.
I then had to rebook using speedpost the next day and i did it over the phone and then they charged me extra money to book over the phone instead of the web. and then delivered my courier 4 hours later than the SLA stated on their website.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 12 Feb 2016 12:22 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:when i phoned them up the call center is located in India and run by some idiots who can't assist and had the audacity to tell me "oh your embassy should have had everything ready, we can't wait" , this was after the lady at embassy said hold up, i'm going in for a moment, i'll be back in a few minutes with the courier.
Well, India ? So it moved from PH to India now ? :D :D

The previous call center was in PH.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 12 Feb 2016 2:29 pm

they relocated it to the most cringeworthy call center provider they could find in India. it was irony! we Indians laugh when people from the west moan and bitch about Indian call center service. Now I know how it truly feels.
I could have dug a hole and buried myself in embarrassment.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 12 Feb 2016 2:41 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:they relocated it to the most cringeworthy call center provider they could find in India. it was irony! we Indians laugh when people from the west moan and bitch about Indian call center service. Now I know how it truly feels.
I could have dug a hole and buried myself in embarrassment.
hey, come on.

Singapore Post declared increased profits for investors (owners ? Temasek ? )

Net profit rose 17.6% to $143.5 million

And then ..

Invested S$75.6 million mainly into expanding eCommerce logistics and postal service efficiency

Meanwhile, maybe small news ..

http://www.singpost.com/download/Financ ... 601291.pdf

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Fri, 19 Feb 2016 8:26 am

I've had them leave parcels with other units in our building without leaving a note or anything. Sat there for three weeks while we tried to sort out where it went. Endless circles of pointless phone calls with no resolution. The person who had it was away...their maid had it...anyways eventually sorted but that was the last time I will ever, ever use Singapost or any version thereof. DHL, UPS or Fedex only. It's weird that in a place that is relatively efficient compared to many places in the world their mail delivery is such a shambles.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 8:58 pm

Just want to warn everybody that likely if a parcel sent to SG is too heavy it may be locally handled by the sh*tpost (ShP).

Here is the most recent story of this highest quality courier service of Singapore. My mother sent last week some books to us, plain economy parcel, but the weight was something between 4 and 5kg. Today I checked the status and found this:

Unsuccessful delivery: Delivery could not be completed as addressee had relocated
(SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE)

I called the *beep* and got an answer that this probably mean the addressee has instructed the ShP to deliver the parcel to a different address. The addressee is a 5y old boy who was at home with me at the time the delivery was claimed to be attempted or changes to be made. I asked whether it can be redelivered on Saturday - no, of course not, this is SPEEDpost, so they need like 3 working days to get it redelivered. I didn't want to take any extra risk so instructed the *beep* to deliver the parcel to the nearest post office. Still 3 working day, its a SPEEDpost. I reckon 50% chance they may fail even with this.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 5:37 am

Oh, oh! It doesn't have to be international mail!

I bought a lens online from a local store who used SlowPost to deliver it. I waited during the 4 hour window based on the tracking website. Since it was at work, I also instructed the guard/receptionist/groundskeeper to look out for it; also periodically checked with them. Nothing--I was even looking out the window to catch a glimpse of that stupid blue van. Then all of a sudden, the tracking website said something like, "undeliverable addressee not available." I had to pick up my package from Paya Lebar. I sent a message to the seller and told him about how useless SlowPost is. He said that's a shame since he paid for express shipment too. I told him not to bother next time with them.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 6:59 am

For me it still remains unbelievable how they could allow a national service to be such pathetic quality. Frankly, this is probably the worst as of a company of a corporate type I have and unfortunately still had to deal within Singapore. Such problems happen so frequently that it is difficult to come up with any reasonable excuses. It is obvious to everyone what's likely is going on and apparently the company seems to be ok with it.

To add another point to the same case, I just checked the status on the sender side, and it says, unsuccessful delivery, the addressee was informed. No, addressee was not informed, he discovered it by himself. Why do they send a different status abroad and different locally? It all stinks in a big style.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 8:01 am

And they really should have no excuse; Singapore is small, each building has its own zip code. It's not like they have to deliver a parcel to some rural farm.

It's pathetic really; instead of just trying to deliver something, they'll just automatically slip that "missed delivery" piece of paper or worse, just don't bother getting into the lift.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 8:17 am

I buy from local sellers too, via qoo, Lazada and such. Hardly any of them uses speedpost. The other local couriers like Ninja, I generally have nothing to complain about. Even the way they handle redelivery is much better comparing to speedpost, not to mention nothing like this above have ever happen. Hell, ordinary Singpost is much better and often faster. For speedpost such incompetency (let me use this positively loaded in this case word), I believe it's like 30% of the cases (based on my experience).

One good thing I can observe, speedpost takes part in more and more ordinary delivery types what may be a sign of them losing the clients, but apparently nobody made yet any link to their quality so far.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 8:43 am

x9200 wrote:For me it still remains unbelievable how they could allow a national service to be such pathetic quality.
What ????????? National Service ? You mean the extremely profit driven business of Singtel - in turn, massive profit making company under 'I may not say who ... '.

I mentioned before, the company is working on maximising profit for owners and investors, and working on driving costs down - i.e. outsource everything including their brain.

And in the process, they give themselves great rewards for massive profits, and who wants to bother about your silly delivery ? :)

I am sure the outsourced guy never even left the premises, with the poor pay, they may have preferred to say 'nobody is at home' and send it to the Paya Lebar base, and collect their charges for attempted delivery.
Last edited by ecureilx on Fri, 18 Mar 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 8:44 am

x9200 wrote: speedpost takes part in more and more ordinary delivery types what may be a sign of them losing the clients, but apparently nobody made yet any link to their quality so far.
STOP MAKING SO MUCH SENSE!