Singapore Expats

PR for Kids is still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
expatfromindia

PR for Kids is still pending

Post by expatfromindia » Wed, 10 Feb 2016 3:32 pm

Hi

Applied PR for my kids on Aug-2015.PR application status is still pending for my Kids ( 6.5 Yrs old girl and 4 yrs boy). Both kids are born in Singapore. Applying PR for daughter 2nd time(first application was rejected after 1.5 years processing time) Son for first time.

We are from India and Holding Singapore PR since 2009(First Generation PR).Came to singapore on 2001.

Husband working in MNC as a Technician
wife working in IT.
Bought HDB house on 2010.

What do you think our chances are and how much longer till we hear back?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by expatfromindia on Wed, 17 Feb 2016 9:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR for Kids is still pending

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Feb 2016 4:20 pm

What is you status here? Are you a PR? Did you go to school here? Are you talking from various viewpoints? Are you saying your parents or are you now talking from a 3rd person point of view? It is you or your father who is working in a MNC?

If you are talking about yourselves, then I guess you are just going to have to wait it out and possibly make a plan B just to be on the safe side. Maybe with the son you will have some bonus points. We've had a few Indians who seemed to buck the trend for the past couple of years, just recently so you may see something by 18 months I would guess. But it's only a guess at this point.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

expatfromindia

Post by expatfromindia » Wed, 10 Feb 2016 4:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What is you status here? Are you a PR? Did you go to school here? Are you talking from various viewpoints? Are you saying your parents or are you now talking from a 3rd person point of view? It is you or your father who is working in a MNC?

If you are talking about yourselves, then I guess you are just going to have to wait it out and possibly make a plan B just to be on the safe side. Maybe with the son you will have some bonus points. We've had a few Indians who seemed to buck the trend for the past couple of years, just recently so you may see something by 18 months I would guess. But it's only a guess at this point.
Sorry for the confusion. Edited my post already
I am talking about my self and i applied PR for my kids.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Feb 2016 8:10 pm

Then my 2nd paragraph stands. Just keep your fingers crossed. And a couple prayers & offerings might help. Or not. Doesn't hurt I guess. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 10 Feb 2016 8:34 pm

I suspect you'll get them in.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!