Singapore Expats

PR approved, super shocking?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
falafal

PR approved, super shocking?

Post by falafal » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:36 am

Hello!

Been a lurker on these forums as a sort of support for the gnawing stress of EP/LTVP/PR for my husband. But this time, wanted to share to joy with you guys for being my silent support in times of stress when I thought our life might just fall apart.

Back story:

ME
Qualifications: Poly grad (2014), doing private degree part-time
Job: Web Designer (full-time)
Income: 1.9k :cry:

Just got married in Jan 2015 to Indian National (28 y.o.) who has never worked or stayed in Singapore before, however ROM was done in May 2014 to get an idea if we could try our luck in Singapore. PR submitted Jan 2015.

He moved here (leaving everything) in May/June 2015 as we had been apart after January when he went back to India, and was on tourist visa.

Applied for LTVP, but he got a job meanwhile (Business Development field, 5k+) so they applied for his EP in Aug/Sept. During the application, LTVP was approved in-principle, but since due to EP, LTVP would have gotten cancelled, we didn't go down to submit verification for LTVP.

EP got approved in start of Sept 2015, THE SAME DAY HIS PR GOT APPROVED!

We were so shocked, we couldn't think or do anything! The week after we got the appointment to verify and do fingerprints and stuff + submit medical docs, so by mid-Sept, all processing was done and blue I/C in our hands within 9 months! Next stop: buying our own house :D :D :D

Don't give up guys! :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PR approved, super shocking?

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:27 am

falafal wrote: Age: 22
Qualifications: Poly grad (2014), doing private degree part-time
Job: Web Designer (full-time)
Income: 1.9k :cry:

Just got married in Jan 2015 to Indian National (28 y.o.) who has never worked or stayed in Singapore before, however ROM was done in May 2014 to get an idea if we could try our luck in Singapore. PR submitted Jan 2015.
Well, I am sure ICA sees you ready to fulfill the national obligation, and of the correct age :P

Like MM said once, now go and make babies, make Singapore proud :D
Last edited by ecureilx on Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

falafal

Post by falafal » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:31 am

Hahaha, even if thats the case, I think we're extremely extremely lucky!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 2:41 pm

Well I never, and congratulations! :)
That's seems like a fresh data point on the PR-radar. Application submitted without living or working in SG, and approved despite zero SGn tax returns.

You had a winning lottery ticket there IMO :) Like Ecu jokingly suggests, and now you know what your patriotic duty is ;)
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 3:18 pm

I think we miss some essential information to say it's a fresh datapoint.
OP, are you SC? Your ethnicity?

falafal

Post by falafal » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 3:20 pm

Sorry for missing that out. I'm Indian, born in India but birth certificate is Singapore issued. Singapore citizen.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 10 Oct 2015 4:07 pm

I think it is pretty normal to get a PR with a spouse being SC. As long as the SG gov is convinced that your marriage is not a fake one then I believe something must be very wrong or suspicious to see them turning you down.

I recall some cases on this forum where they apparently refused to grant PR to a spouse of SC but what should be always kept in mind is, that people write here in case of problems and only very very occasionally reporting straight forward success stories.

This makes you special OP so thank you for providing this info.