Singapore Expats

Renewal of Re-entry Permit (REP)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
shambhavi

Renewal of Re-entry Permit (REP)

Post by shambhavi » Sat, 17 Sep 2011 12:09 pm

I am residing in Singpore as PR since last five years. The REP is due for renewal in October 2011. One of the documentary requirement for renewal is SUBMISSION OF CPF STATEMENT FOR THE LAST 12 MONTHS. However, till October 2011, I would have CPF statement for LAST 8 MONTHS ONLY.
Please let me know:
1) How serious is this matter and whether it will adversely impact my renewal of REP case?
2) What is the alternative?
3) As a last resort, is it allowed to go for renewal in Feb 2012 (so that by such time I would have a 12 months CPF statement). Only thing in this case will be that I shall not be able to travel outside Singapore. It's ok with me).
4) HOWEVER, I DO HAVE INCOME TAX RETURN (WITH VERY GOOD AMOUNT OF TAX PAID) FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS. Does it help.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Sep 2011 1:05 pm

I'll bet you have a Masters don't you. :roll:

When they ask for the last 12 months CPF statement it means you go to your CPF account and printout a CPF Statement for the period of the previous twelve months. If doing it now you would print out a statement covering the period of September 2010 to August 2011, regardless of whether you were working those months or not! :roll:

They really did get lax on giving out PR's didn't they!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 17 Sep 2011 3:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: ..

that maybe is person with super master's and the Uber top class MBA - they can really out-think even simple instruction