Singapore Expats

After surrender student pass..

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
buffon01

After surrender student pass..

Post by buffon01 » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 1:57 am

I am a Malaysian currently searching for job in Singapore. My student pass is due on 31Jan2011. I am actively looking for a job but unfortunately still haven't got a job after months of job hunting.

I am going to return my student pass and not planning to get a social visit pass although i still need to find a job i singapore due to having a 3 years bond with singapore government.

my question is, is there any legality issue if i holding a white card during my job hunting? of course I will strictly follow the 30 days bound of white card. And will go out and in of Singapore to "renew" my white card. Is there any problem by doing this?

Also, I heard that after cancellation of student pass, we will be given a one-time document, to be used in the next time going out of Singapore. And we will be granted a short stay in Singapore on cancellation of Student Pass, how long is the period? How long we allowed to stay after surrender the Student Pass?

Thanks

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: After surrender student pass..

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 5:27 am

buffon01 wrote:
I am going to return my student pass and not planning to get a social visit pass although i still need to find a job i singapore due to having a 3 years bond with singapore government.

Your bond is with the SG Gahmen Polytechnic, Uni or EDB ?

my question is, is there any legality issue if i holding a white card during my job hunting? of course I will strictly follow the 30 days bound of white card. And will go out and in of Singapore to "renew" my white card. Is there any problem by doing this?

No issue at all BUT inform ICA and MOM of your 3 yr bond. MOM usually have a placement for bonded student. ICA can grant you more than 30 days SVP or MOM can issue you an AIP pass for you to hunt job and from there ICA can grant you a short stay. YOu studied here and bonded by the gahmen that tilt to your advantage

Also, I heard that after cancellation of student pass, we will be given a one-time document, to be used in the next time going out of Singapore. And we will be granted a short stay in Singapore on cancellation of Student Pass, how long is the period? How long we allowed to stay after surrender the Student Pass?

True and it is for 30 days standard bog visa
Thanks
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

buffon01

Post by buffon01 » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 1:08 pm

Your bond is with the SG Gahmen Polytechnic, Uni or EDB ?

SG Government.

I have another question. How long it need to take for the process of cancellation of student pass? Can it be settled on the spot?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 4:57 pm

buffon01 wrote:Your bond is with the SG Gahmen Polytechnic, Uni or EDB ?

SG Government.

I have another question. How long it need to take for the process of cancellation of student pass? Can it be settled on the spot?
On the spot
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!