Singapore Expats

Long term visit pass rejected, what can I do now?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dotone

Long term visit pass rejected, what can I do now?

Post by dotone » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 1:28 am

I'm a fresh graduate from a local polytechnic, this year, I canceled my student pass soon after the graduation (in March), they gave me a 3-month social pass, then I started job hunting. hopefully, I found a job within 2 months, as soon as I accept the offer, the company applied the s-pass for me, after 5 days, the told me my application was rejected, and said that they will appeal for me soon. I waited for about 1 more week, there's no news for my application, I called them, the boss let me go to work on the coming Monday, and I found that they did nothing in that week, no appealing, no re-apply! The most unfortunate thing is the pass I was holding would be expiring very soon (only few days left), and I had to wait for 3 weeks to get my appealing result. I was even unhappy with the company, I had to work overtime for up to 4 hours without pay! I just resigned, then I went to ICA to apply for Long term visit pass, and called the company to cancel my S-pass appeal, the ICA gave me an extension visa for one month, the next week, I went to check my LTVP application status......NOT SUCCESSFUL! Well, the officer said generally, the processing period is around two months, they gave me no reason, I wonder how could have they rejected me so quickly! I think there must be some important reasons such as the appeal is actually not canceled.(is it? the MOM couldn't show me the appealing status). Now I only have 10 days left... can I make an appeal for the Long term visit pass?..I dont want to leave the country, not even 5 days. what can I do now? I would be grateful if someone can inform me. Thank you very much.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 4:38 am

Read and absorb and you will understand.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum78.html
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 9:56 am

you applied for ltvp with ica under what reason(epec,sponsored by spouse)??
your story seems weird..

dotone

Post by dotone » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 10:30 am

Mad Scientist wrote:Read and absorb and you will understand.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum78.html
Thank you very much!

dotone

Post by dotone » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:15 am

carlsum1986 wrote:you applied for ltvp with ica under what reason(epec,sponsored by spouse)??
your story seems weird..
From this year, they allow local graduate foreign students to apply for LTVP for finding a job.

dotone

Post by dotone » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:22 am

dotone wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:you applied for ltvp with ica under what reason(epec,sponsored by spouse)??
your story seems weird..
From this year, they allow local graduate foreign students to apply for LTVP for finding a job.
can be sponsored by anyone who is a PR.

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Long term visit pass rejected, what can I do now?

Post by Saint » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:28 am

dotone wrote: I was even unhappy with the company, I had to work overtime for up to 4 hours without pay! I just resigned
So you were working illegally!

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:02 pm

dotone wrote:
your story seems weird..
i thought u had to get an epec to be able to do this?

sponsored by SPR is only for spouse and relatives right?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:42 am

Saint is right, you was working illegally, you are now doomed for a very long time and i bet you or your boss told them anonymously or without thinking what you or your boss had said! Though I can imagine it went something like this, "Can you hurry up and send the S pass, because they have been working here for one week already and its not arrived yet!" :cry:

ap 4POT

Post by ap 4POT » Mon, 05 Jul 2010 6:34 pm

u should wait for ur S pass to be approved before u start work..its your fault to be ignorant..u should have check with ICA before even u start work.

either the company also stupid enough to mention to ica that they had already hired u on social visa, or they didnt even applied for u..
well..good luck.
keep smiling :)