Singapore Expats

Skiing and snowboarding 2012

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Amy Lee

Skiing and snowboarding 2012

Post by Amy Lee » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 3:47 pm

I am trying to resuscitate this topic and see we can make it happen in 2012.

Calling all potential skiers and snowboarders who are interested to buddy up for a trip in Asia Pacific region, maybe Australia, NZ, Japan, Korea or China.

How about we meet up next Friday 29-Jun at 7:30pm? PM me if you are interested and able to meet up.

local5678

skiing

Post by local5678 » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Amy,

Appreciate your response.

I didn't expect any such quick response, so I posted earlier today, thinking responses would come only weeks or months after.

I tried to send u a reply by PM but encountered "This feature is restricted until you have made more posts in the forum", so I am replying here.

I don't mind meeting this coming Friday on 29 June 2012, but frankly, I am preoccupied with work exams until 31 Aug 2012 before I can heave any sigh of relief.

Would you mind if any meet-up is around then?

If things work out by then, I am amenable to a trip near end of this year.

What do you say?

Snowman1977

Post by Snowman1977 » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 1:03 pm

I am keen to meet some skiers/boarders in SG seems we are a rare bread!
I was in Japan in Feb was amazing!
Let me know when the meetup is planned!
James.

Amy Lee

Post by Amy Lee » Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:33 pm

Hi,

I will postpone the meet up as I didn't get enough interests this Friday..

Cheers,
Amy
Last edited by Amy Lee on Fri, 29 Jun 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

roy.chng.zihe

Post by roy.chng.zihe » Thu, 28 Jun 2012 3:59 am

Wow didnt know there are so many avid snowboarders around! I would love to attend the meetup but im currently working in India.

Anw, can we have a fb page instead? Seems like an easier way to coordinate and notify ppl these days. I wouldnt mind creating a group for all of us! if you could just add me on FB (roy chng - stewie frm family guy as my profile pic) and inform me that u r interested in snowboarding.

I will keep the group open so everyone can jus add their frens who are interested in snowboarding too.

FYI, this yr end i will be in europe so if anyone is planning a snowboarding trip there, we can arrange for meetup!!

PeterS

Post by PeterS » Fri, 29 Jun 2012 2:56 pm

Hello all... For those of you interested, I can get some great rates at some resorts in Nozawa, Japan in the Japanese Alps. Sking in great and Hot tubs after a day skiing. If you have never been to Japan to ski, it is the best sking in Asia. Let me know of any interest. My email is [email protected]!

Amy Lee

Post by Amy Lee » Fri, 29 Jun 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks Peter we will keep it in mind! when's skiing season there?

roy.chng.zihe

Post by roy.chng.zihe » Wed, 04 Jul 2012 2:47 am

hey the snowboarding group in fb has been created!!! it's called Singapore Snowboarders.

I know it may sound dubious/desperate attempt on my part to increase my fren count in fb but honestly im not. Pls add me (Roy Chng - stewie) so i can add u to the group!! Unless u know of a brighter method than this, then pls enlighten me.... im jus a basic user of fb.

It's just me and another guy nw. 2 members in a group is SO DAMN pathetic so i hope we can all do our part to keep this community alive and kicking in SINGAPORE!

sijojose

Post by sijojose » Tue, 17 Jul 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Peeps!

Mind if i tag along as well! I've mostly done snowboarding before, my skills are sloppy at best! but I always wish to learn!

binaryfinary

Post by binaryfinary » Sun, 02 Sep 2012 9:50 pm

hi all,

great to find the local powder community! was wondering where you guys were hiding! :wink:

anyone heading to korea end of the year? ill prob be heading to yongpyong or high 1 sometime in nov/dec

anyone know if any store in singapore sell the giro helmet tuneups?

cheers!

Amy Lee

Korea possible

Post by Amy Lee » Mon, 03 Sep 2012 1:05 am

I've not been ski in Korea (or anywhere in Asia for that matter). Yes sure interested if schedule permits. Let see if we can get the interested parties to meet up and discuss

mattks

Post by mattks » Sat, 08 Sep 2012 8:49 pm

Just moved here from NW USA (Seattle mostly). Been boarding for about 20 years, not great but I love to try new snow.

Is there a group/meetup/focal point or something that I could join?

Thanks!

pvadiveloo

Post by pvadiveloo » Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:47 am

Hi All,

Just moved back to Singapore after being in London for the past 5 years (skiing every winter!).

So are there any trips planned to Japan this season? I'm really keen to tag along (and if necessary, do legwork if so required!)

alrickc

Post by alrickc » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 7:25 pm

Hi guys,

Just moved to Singapore as well and looking for boarders/skiiers to do trips with.

I'm hoping to make it to Japan (Niseko anyone?), but I hear Australia is a popular choice as well.

I've been snowboarding since the 2010/2011 season; mostly ride black diamonds or blues, prefer freeride.

I'm down to meet up whenever and discuss plans/trips.

It looks like Amy's original meet up was postponed, but I'd still like to meet up with anyone interested for a meet and greet and discuss plans so hit me up or post here if you're down for snowboarding in the 2012 season

Cheers :D

GeoffL

Post by GeoffL » Thu, 04 Oct 2012 4:56 pm

I'd be interested in joining too.

I've been snowboarding in Hakuba in Japan a couple of times and can certainly recommend it; I've also found the ski resorts near Zurich work out roughly the same price and travel time from Singapore as many of the Asian resorts.