Singapore Expats

Comfortable coach to Melaka

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
nutnut
Manager
Manager

Comfortable coach to Melaka

Post by nutnut » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:48 pm

Anyone know which is the most comfortable and best coach between Singapore and Melaka, I am sending some older visitors over and want to ensure it's the most comfortable.

Cheers

nutnut
nutnut

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Comfortable coach to Melaka

Post by JR8 » Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:06 am

nutnut wrote:Anyone know which is the most comfortable and best coach between Singapore and Melaka, I am sending some older visitors over and want to ensure it's the most comfortable.

Cheers

nutnut
http://www.singaporemalaysiabus.com/kuala_lumpur.html

We've been on aeroline, also on the one from Novena Sq a couple of times. Much of a muchness. No mucking about, they do what they say on the tin. I don't hugely favour bus-travel myself (it bores me), but would be happy to rec this site to those who do (incl relatives)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Comfortable coach to Melaka

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Dec 2011 8:30 am

JR8 wrote:
nutnut wrote:Anyone know which is the most comfortable and best coach between Singapore and Melaka, I am sending some older visitors over and want to ensure it's the most comfortable.

Cheers

nutnut
http://www.singaporemalaysiabus.com/kuala_lumpur.html

We've been on aeroline, also on the one from Novena Sq a couple of times. Much of a muchness. No mucking about, they do what they say on the tin. I don't hugely favour bus-travel myself (it bores me), but would be happy to rec this site to those who do (incl relatives)
Ditto to Aeroline. And Aeroline alone. Other bus companies do not offer the same comfort level Aeroline can provide (otherwise I would have mentioned Sri Maju, Konsortium, First Coach etc instead - cheaper but, nada)

You can also have yourselves picked up from Vivo City (another pick-up point).

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 01 Dec 2011 9:02 am

Cheers guys! I'll check out Aeroline then.

Personally, I'd lend them my car and let them drive, but they wouldn't be comfortable driving here and they don't like flying (even though Melaka is too short to fly) ;) So Comfortable Coach is basically the next best thing!

Edit...

Having just checked, it seems Aeroline only go to KL/Penang, the ones to Melaka are listed here, is there any recommended out of these?

http://www.singaporemalaysiabus.com/malacca.html

Cheers
nutnut

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 01 Dec 2011 9:18 am

We used the Luxury Express to go to Malacca (~2y ago) and it was ok. At least I don't remember anything negative about it :)

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 01 Dec 2011 9:29 am

Thanks x9200 :)
nutnut

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Dec 2011 9:37 am

nutnut wrote:Cheers guys! I'll check out Aeroline then.

Personally, I'd lend them my car and let them drive, but they wouldn't be comfortable driving here and they don't like flying (even though Melaka is too short to fly) ;) So Comfortable Coach is basically the next best thing!

Edit...

Having just checked, it seems Aeroline only go to KL/Penang, the ones to Melaka are listed here, is there any recommended out of these?

http://www.singaporemalaysiabus.com/malacca.html

Cheers
My bad. I never tried Aeroline to Malacca before.

However I've seen your list and Konsortium is the only one I've tried. Cheap but not good and definitely not safe. Try to avoid if you can. A long record of fatal crashes and other reported misbehaviour (errant drivers, dangerous driving, pil kuda addiction) has done no justice to its credibility.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 01 Dec 2011 9:52 am

Great stuff Lynx! I'll refrain from telling the in-laws that EXACT information, but I will steer clear of them if this is the case! Scary stuff!
nutnut