Singapore Expats

PR / Pass for my aunty

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vitamin.c

PR / Pass for my aunty

Post by vitamin.c » Mon, 07 Jan 2013 5:21 pm

Hi All

Would like to seek your opinion on how I can bring my aunty over to live with me.

I am Chinese from Msia and have been working in SG since 2001. I was holding PR for many years and last year I have gotten my Pink IC. My wife is too a Msian Chinese holding a SG PR now.

I have this aunty who took care of me throughout my childhood and she is in her 60s now. She currently lives with my Granny and my Granny is coming to 90. While everyone in my family wish my Granny lives forever, fact is she won't. My aunty who is living with her now is not married, and is actually not normal.. She only has primary school education and a mute too.

When my Granny moves on, she will be left alone in Msia and I am very worried about that. One option is to hire a maid to live with her but because she is not normal, I am concerned she would get bullied. My wish is to bring her over and live with me and we will look after her till the end. However, I am not sure how to make it happen here. I am not too sure but I think it may be impossible to obtain PR status for her. Is there any other pass I can apply so that she can live with my family?

Thank you in advance.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 07 Jan 2013 6:15 pm

No chance on the PR or LTVP route as she is not your immediate family

You could live in M'sia i.e bring her nearer to you and live in Johor and yourself commuting if you so desire to take care of her.

Old folks home or nursing home is another option
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

vitamin.c

Post by vitamin.c » Mon, 07 Jan 2013 6:19 pm

I thought about commuting but I think it is rather difficult for my family. Is it possible to admit her into local nursing home?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 08 Jan 2013 12:59 am

No, you need a valid pass i.e LTSVP or a pass that allows her to stay here for a longer period of time. There is NONE for your case.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 08 Jan 2013 9:10 am

vitamin.c wrote:I thought about commuting but I think it is rather difficult for my family. Is it possible to admit her into local nursing home?
1. Put her in a JB nursing home - you can visit her every weekend.
2. I don't think you can get medical visit passes for local nursing homes - and the homes are full anyways. http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=181
Now I'm called PNGMK

vitamin.c

Post by vitamin.c » Wed, 09 Jan 2013 5:18 pm

Ok, thank you all for the response, appreciate it.