Singapore Expats

PR rejected second time 2013

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 22 Dec 2013 9:31 pm

SGlover wrote:Hi Wd40

on your reply "when I was applying for PR, is that I stopped remitting my S Dollars"

How much do you recommend is average good bank balance in ICA pov?
Sorry, I have no clue. Also according to someone I know, ICA do not have access to our bank accounts. Nobody knows the reality.

Actually if I recall correctly the real reason I was hoarding the dollars here was to possibly buy a HDB, if I got the PR.

thunderstruck

Post by thunderstruck » Mon, 23 Dec 2013 10:48 am

Wd40, IIRC ICA gets a form signed from us that we give them information to dig out of financial status..

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:02 am

thunderstruck wrote:Wd40, IIRC ICA gets a form signed from us that we give them information to dig out of financial status..
Its only related to IRAS, IIRC. Not bank accounts.

kumar_work

Post by kumar_work » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 5:09 pm

I feel bank balance would not be not good option, You need to wait for 3 years to purchase a house after become PR.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 8:35 pm

kumar_work wrote:I feel bank balance would not be not good option, You need to wait for 3 years to purchase a house after become PR.
the three year rule is recent.

plus the amount you can loan is being reduced

not a bad idea to put aside money

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 9:38 pm

ecureilx wrote:
kumar_work wrote:I feel bank balance would not be not good option, You need to wait for 3 years to purchase a house after become PR.

+1. Lots of things changed since the time I applied for PR in June 2012 and the rejection 11 months later.

1st they brought in 5% ABSD for PRs buying HDB. At that point I had already decided, I am not going to buy a house here. After that they brought in the 3 years waiting period rule. So then it become very evident that PR is going to absolutely useless for me, atleast in the near term.

Now, I have remitted all the money I earned here in the last 5 years, to India and that amount is good enough to buy two 3-bedroom condos in Bangalore, no loan, nothing. Full cash down :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 10:12 pm

Wd40 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

+1. Lots of things changed since the time I applied for PR in June 2012 and the rejection 11 months later.

1st they brought in 5% ABSD for PRs buying HDB. At that point I had already decided, I am not going to buy a house here. After that they brought in the 3 years waiting period rule. So then it become very evident that PR is going to absolutely useless for me, atleast in the near term.

Now, I have remitted all the money I earned here in the last 5 years, to India and that amount is good enough to buy two 3-bedroom condos in Bangalore, no loan, nothing. Full cash down :)
I love you WD. Most honest poster. Send me some money.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 27 Jan 2014 9:16 am

Wd40 wrote: ...
Since i was typing from a tablet, my reply was short ..

so .. to kumar_work : you need to put aside money - a lot of money, for cash payment, if you plan to buy an apartment here .. that;s what I said by 'put aside money'

kumar_work

Post by kumar_work » Fri, 17 Oct 2014 5:53 pm

i am staying at east and good the P1 admission in marshaling area and i have just renewed my house and working in Changi Business park way area. i don't want to go to the MOE allocated school due to distance and my house renewal issues. Does it impact my if I apply PR again?

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 18 Oct 2014 9:16 am

Emergency123 wrote:
Wd40 wrote: The only change I did, when I was applying for PR, is that I stopped remitting my S Dollars to India for the last couple of years, thinking that having a good bank balance will help.
Does this make a difference to the PR app ?
Not officially. But unofficially, who knows.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 18 Oct 2014 9:42 am

kumar_work wrote:i am staying at east and good the P1 admission in marshaling area and i have just renewed my house and working in Changi Business park way area. i don't want to go to the MOE allocated school due to distance and my house renewal issues. Does it impact my if I apply PR again?
Seriously? They allocated a school in Marsiling? A little further and you will be in Malaysia. Sounds like a deliberate punishment to me.

What other options do you have available?

kumar_work

Post by kumar_work » Sat, 18 Oct 2014 12:53 pm

Wd40 wrote:
kumar_work wrote:i am staying at east and good the P1 admission in marshaling area and i have just renewed my house and working in Changi Business park way area. i don't want to go to the MOE allocated school due to distance and my house renewal issues. Does it impact my if I apply PR again?
Seriously? They allocated a school in Marsiling? A little further and you will be in Malaysia. Sounds like a deliberate punishment to me.

What other options do you have available?

I need to relocate to new local school area if not stay at my current area and join my child to indian International School.

there is no transfer for foreigners and only PR & Ctz can able to apply school transfer based on the locations.

this situation is for all phase 3 foreigner employees.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 18 Oct 2014 1:19 pm

Oh! Its a tricky situation. Local school will definitely help in your future PR application compared to Indian school. If the school is good, may be you can consider relocating to woodlands area, there is direct bus that uses TPE so it wont take too much time for your travel to office.

Or relocate to Yishun which is in the middle and let your child use school bus. Yishun area is good, rents are low and lots of Indians stay there, just like the east.

Try explaining the situation to your landlord and see if they will agree to return atleast part of your deposit back.

blessedone
Regular
Regular

yes it does

Post by blessedone » Sun, 19 Oct 2014 11:32 am

Emergency123 wrote:
Wd40 wrote: The only change I did, when I was applying for PR, is that I stopped remitting my S Dollars to India for the last couple of years, thinking that having a good bank balance will help.
Does this make a difference to the PR app ?
True Story - citizen application very recently - Indian single male.
Officer was able to analyze and tell the applicant that he had remitted more than 80% of his money to India and his only investments in SGD were contributed to by CPF (sponsored installments) so it seems they do have a good handle on what we are doing with our monies.

I am with WD40 about this, wish I had known that earlier.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:04 pm

Just curious, according to MoM site the results for phase 3 balloting will be announced only on 14th Nov. How come you already got MOE allocated school, even before the phase 3 balloting results are announced? :???:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... on/phases/