Singapore Expats

Letter of consent rejected - Please help..

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nitinkrmishra

Letter of consent rejected - Please help..

Post by nitinkrmishra » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 7:50 pm

Hi All,

My wife was working under Dependent pass with the LOC letter issued by MOM , recently she has resigned from her job and got a new offer but when her new company applied Letter of consent online it's rejected within minutes after apply .My Employment pass is valid up to Oct 2011 .

Can her new company appeal against rejection or are there any options left to us .

Please guide us.

Thanks.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Letter of consent rejected - Please help..

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 8:46 pm

nitinkrmishra wrote:Hi All,

My wife was working under Dependent pass with the LOC letter issued by MOM , recently she has resigned from her job and got a new offer but when her new company applied Letter of consent online it's rejected within minutes after apply .My Employment pass is valid up to Oct 2011 .

Can her new company appeal against rejection or are there any options left to us .

Please guide us.

Thanks.
You didnt say about the nature of the new job, the new company profile and also her educational profile. I think all the 3 would have mattered for the rejection?

nitinkrmishra

Post by nitinkrmishra » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 9:29 pm

Hi ,

My wife is MBA is HR & IR ( Industry relationship) . Her new job is administrator in a certification and audits in a certification body. She was earlier in the same profile in her previous job in Singapore.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:16 pm

Please guide us.

Thanks.
I think its to do with the general tightening of norms against foreigners getting easy jobs which locals should be getting. It was easy earlier. Now, tough luck.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:37 pm

nitinkrmishra wrote:Hi ,

My wife is MBA is HR & IR ( Industry relationship) . Her new job is administrator in a certification and audits in a certification body. She was earlier in the same profile in her previous job in Singapore.
Was the degree a distance education based one? also might be MOM might have felt that there are enough skilled people in sg to do the same job?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 10:54 pm

Please guide us.

Thanks.
Probably because the new company screwed up the application process. She needs to see what they supplied as information. Clearly, whatever they supplied suggested to the SG gahmen that she was in a job that would not be approved.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:18 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
nitinkrmishra wrote:Hi ,

Was the degree a distance education based one?
Good point. MBA's in India are often distance education ones, especially those in HR.

nitinkrmishra

Post by nitinkrmishra » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 3:14 pm

Hi All ,

Thanks for all your suggestions . She did MBA(HR& IR) - full time .

I agree that the new employer might screwed the application.

We are in contact with her new employer .

Thanks..

puneet8910

Post by puneet8910 » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 2:57 pm

Hi All

Please advise according to my situation. I am new DP holder in SG though the expiry date of it based on my Spouse EP is 16 December 2015. I have received an offer but I have few other interviews aligned.
After 16 Sep 2015, Do i would not come in the criteria of receiving the LOC as the expiry date is within 3 months. Have anybody came across this situation. Can i get the LOC even if I am only left with 3 months of period. My spouse EP will be renewed in November 2015.

Please guide .

Puneet

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 3:31 pm

They probably won't grant it until your spouse has a new EP with at least 12 months validity left.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 3:53 pm

Yup, best to approach the job search with the renewed DP because the employers will likely to reject/decline exploring hiring opportunities with you.