Singapore Expats

Dry Cleaning

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Dry Cleaning

Post by Asdracles » Mon, 28 May 2007 2:10 pm

After reading some bad experiences about dry cleaning services, I would like to ask you about any trustful place for cleaning a couple of suits. Near Bedok or in the city if possible.

Im looking for a good quality place, with low risk of damaging clothing. I know it can happen, but after some of your reviews, it seems that happen quite often in some places.

Thanks in advance!

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 28 May 2007 9:14 pm

My understanding is that most dry cleaning shops don't actually do their own dry cleaning -- the clothes are all shipped off to a big cleaning shop somewhere.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Ok

Post by Asdracles » Mon, 28 May 2007 10:24 pm

So... any dry cleaning shop that send the clothing to a trustful place??

I only want to have the suits as i give them (oh, really clean, of course)

angel_rose
Regular
Regular
Location: On earth "Values are only measured by the importance it has to you"

Dry cleaning

Post by angel_rose » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 6:33 pm

HI,try this place...Dryclean express at katong mall.I've been using them for almost a year already and so far no problems :wink:
They are doing laundry collection and delivery as well for your convenient.You can call then at 63467060 to find out more...
*lo que siembres cosecharás
quien siembra vientos recoge tempestades*

michelle1024

I also need to dry cleaning for winter stuffs....

Post by michelle1024 » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 2:00 am

I don't think they can pick up laundry from here. ^^;

As i just arrived from Europe and havn't cleaning those winter clothes including long coat, need to do cleaning them asap.

Is there anyone who knows the place can do dry cleaning around Sengkang MRT?

Thanks in advance!

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 7:44 pm

I use 2 drycleaners for my husbands' suits - but they are both in Orchard vicinity. There is one in the basement of Tanglin Mall by the Jason's supermarket. And there is another in Orchard Towers above the Marketplace supermarket (level 2). I've also seen another on the ground floor of Orchard Towers but have never sent anything there. I've never had an issue with the other two places - both are good. Orchard Towers is less expensive.

ezmobilelaundry

Re: Dry Cleaning

Post by ezmobilelaundry » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 2:19 pm

Asdracles wrote:After reading some bad experiences about dry cleaning services, I would like to ask you about any trustful place for cleaning a couple of suits. Near Bedok or in the city if possible.

Im looking for a good quality place, with low risk of damaging clothing. I know it can happen, but after some of your reviews, it seems that happen quite often in some places.

Thanks in advance!
Like to share some experince which we kinda of encounter.
Do check through the laundry that you are going to send for laundry or dry cleaning.

There's a labeling telling u whether it's suitable for laundry or dry cleaning.
Some labeled laundry but no tumble dry,so it's is very important.

If you don't understand about the labeling.Do ask for advise from the cleaners, and remind the cleaners to take note that your laundry is expensive so when they go back it would be seprate from others clothing and take extra precaution during washing.

Hope these advise can minimize your problems! Cheers

ScubaKate

Post by ScubaKate » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:09 pm

Given it's a few years since this post was started, has anyone got any recommendations. I'd even pay a premium for hand cleaning after just having had another suit ruined

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:25 pm

I followed the advice and went to Katong, and it was ok. Good quality for price. However, this was years ago, as I was staying in Bedok. Now I use a small shop in Rivervale Mall / Sengkang. So far, so good too.

ScubaKate

Post by ScubaKate » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 8:43 am

Thanks Asdracles. I need to get some high end brands such as Zegna, Versace and Hugo Boss done. Would you trust them with them? I live in Bedok too so Katong mall is close

SeanDoyle

Post by SeanDoyle » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 1:43 pm

any update on this? I cant understand how all of them are quoting 5 days?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 3:08 pm

SeanDoyle wrote:any update on this? I cant understand how all of them are quoting 5 days?
If you want something faster you must go to a company that has facilities in house for dry cleaning. Even then, trying to get better than 2 day turnaround is a nightmare.

It is what it is.